3D Touch Probe
The 3D Touch Probe is used for measuring workpiece geometries such as edges, holes, grooves, studs, angles and corners or scanning surface. It can be used with conductive and non conductive stock materials. This probe has been developed for high measurement precision and high repeatability.
To achieve a high measurement precision, the touch probe must be mechanically calibrated, so that its axis aligns perfectly with the spindle axis of the machine.
The development of our 3D Touch Probe was focused particularly on achieving an affordable price without sacrificing precision, repeatability and reliability. Furthermore, the 3D Touch Probe is not just a simple switch, but it also includes electronics to ensure a stable and reliable switching behavior.
See user manual: manual
- Reduction of the current through the switch contacts in the μA range
(even more effective prevents the formation of oxide on switching elements)
- Changed geometry of the switching contacts
- Wide range voltage: 5 – 24 V
- Delayed switch-on function of the electronics during power-on (protection against voltage peaks during power-on)
- Choice of output type before ordering (NO/ NC). PNP/NPN output user settable.
- Voltage-free contact (SSR Solid State Relay)
Technical Data 3D Touch Probe v2
- Sensing directions: ±X; ±Y; -Z
- Max. stylus overtravel : XY = 12o ; Z = 3mm [ .0787″ ]
- Trigger force : XY = 0.5 – 1N ; Z = 2.5N
- Repeatability (unidirectional): under 5μm with 20mm [ .7874″ ] stylus and max. 50mm/min probing feedrate
- Output function: Voltage-free contact (SSR Solid State Relay) Please write NO (normally open) or NC (normally open) output when ordering
- Gold-plated switch contacts
- Switching current: max. 300 mA
- Functional indication: switching point indication by LED (red)
- Operating voltage (power supply): wide range 5 – 24V DC
- Cable length: 2 m (with connector) free end
- Connector: pull / push 3 pin
- Body: aluminium alloy
- Tool holder: with alignment function and 8mm cylindrical shaft
- Stylus: stylus with 2mm ruby ball (included) – Renishaw standard no A-5000-3603
- Dimensions (without holder): (D) 35mm [ 1.3780″ ], (H) 33mm [ 1.2992″ ], stylus 20mm [ .7874″ ] + extension – 20mm [ .7874″]
- IP Code: IP64