The 3D Touch Probe is used for measuring workpiece geometries such as edges, holes, grooves, studs, angles and corners or scanning surface. This probe has been developed for high measurement precision and high repeatability.
To achieve a high measurement precision, the touch probe must be mechanically calibrated, so that its axis aligns perfectly with the spindle axis of the machine.
The development of our 3D Touch Probe was focused particularly on achieving an affordable price without sacrificing precision, repeatability and reliability. Furthermore, the 3D Touch Probe is not just a simple switch, but it also includes electronics to ensure a stable and reliable switching behavior.
Technical Data 3D Touch Probe v2
- Sensing directions: ±X; ±Y; -Z
- Max. stylus overtravel : XY = 12o ; Z = 3mm [ .0787″ ]
- Trigger force : XY = 0.5 – 1N ; Z = 2.5N
- Repeatability (unidirectional): under 10μm with 20mm [ .7874″ ] stylus and max. 50mm/min probing feedrate
- Output function: electronic high-speed switch as (NPN-NC) normally close contact
- Gold-plated switch contacts
- Switching current: max. 300 mA
- Functional notification: switching point notification by LED (red)
- Operating voltage: 2 – 5,5V DC
- Cable length: 1,5m (with connector)
- Connector: pull / push 3 pin
- Body: aluminium alloy
- Tool holder: with alignment function and 8mm cylindrical shaft
- Stylus: stylus with 2mm ruby ball (included) – Renishaw standard no A-5000-3603
- Dimensions (without holder): (D) 35mm [ 1.3780″ ], (H) 33mm [ 1.2992″ ], stylus 20mm [ .7874″ ] + extension – 20mm [ .7874″]
- IP Code: IP64